Happy 'Straya Day from Down Under peeps! Celebrating an all-Aussie true blue tribute of my fave mashups from some of my fave Sydney DJs...
1. Seven Days & One Rocket (DJs from Mars Remix) // BBE vs Goldfrapp
2. Heartbreak Happiness (DJ Philthy & ACraig Mashup) // Alexis Jordan
3. Baby Where U Been? (ACraig & DJ Philthy Extended Mash) // Rihanna & Thelma Houston
4. Peace (DJ Kitty Glitter 2014 Bootleg Mashup) // Sabrina Johnston vs Discofank
5. God Loves Your Body (DJ Dom De Sousa) // Christina Aguilera vs Nathan C
6. You Set Fire To My Mind (DJ Anvi's Light Up My Room Mashup) // Freemasons vs Tina Arena)
7. DéjApplause (Recreation DJs - Brendan Terry & Adam Love) // Lady Gaga vs Freemasons vs Beyoncé
8. Sweet Dreams Rolling In The Deep (DJ Du Jour Rework) // Criminal Vibes vs Adele
9. Slow Exceeder (DJ Philthy & ACraig Mashup) // Kylie vs Mason vs Mike Vale vs Umek
10. Diamonds vs The One (DJ Kitty Glitter/Worx Bootleg Mashup) // Kylie vs Rihanna
11. It's Not Right, But It's Titanium (DJ Dan Murphy Mashup) // Whitney vs Sia
12. Freefallin' Dominoes (DJ Philthy's Mashup) // Zoe Badwi vs Jessie J
13. Wings Lift Me Up (DJ Mason Andrews Mashup) // Little Mix vs Taito Tikaro
14. Finally Toca's Miracle (DJ Jason Barry Mashup) // Kings of Tomorrow vs Fragma
Icon. Superstar. Legend. Just a few words that are Madonna. And so I decided to "dig deep" into my current love of Deep House & dedicate this mini-mix of a few old & new classics...ending with a little twist of another icon from another era. Long live the Queen of Pop! Enjoy, Magnus.
Olivia and Daywash want you to get your legwarmers out, dust off your ‘80s headband and slip into your skimpiest shorts so you can "get physical" DJ Magnus style. Here's your half-hour party pre-workout mix to get you warmed up and ready for action! The perfect blend of high-energy aerobics "choons" from your Camp Courtyard resident...so until then, enjoy! Magnus.
Soul Deep is a 'current mood' collection of some of my all-time fave "choons" given the deep house treatment. The word 'meraki' means to do something with soul, creativity or love & this most probably best describes my new mix. Opening with "Last Night", a rework of the classic song that uses some familiar vocal sampling to tell a story of true love found in the club, you'll also find a few surprise remixes of some well-known dance anthems, building into massive stomping drops and fading into sombre yet soulful breaks, including the likes of Sia, Florence & The Machine and Alison Limerick. Music for the soul, enjoy! Magnus.
Introducing my official entry for a chance to play the opening set at the next installment of "I Remember House" at Sydney's ivy on Sunday 7th September.
What better way to welcome in the IRH Spring Edition (and my birthday) with this luscious collection of some of my all-time favourite vocal house classics given a totally fresh rework to bring them up-to-date with current dancefloors. I hope you love remembering them all over again as much as I do & get you in party mode! Mixed with love, enjoy! Magnus
1. Dusk Till Dawn (Carl Hanaghan Remix) // Danny Howells & Dick Trevor feat. Erire
2. Finally Someone Like You (DJ Me-High-Low Bootleg) // Kings of Tomorrow vs Soulmagic
3. Turn Me Out (Staffan Thorsell Remix) // Kathy Brown & Praxis
4. Somebody Else's Guy (The Dons Club Mix) // Jocelyn Brown
5. So In Love With You (Mion's Sultra Mix) // Duke
6. Big Fun (Full Intention Remix) // Inner City
7. Who Keeps Changing Your Mind (Jerome Robins Edit) // South Street Players
8. Hallelujah Anyway (Larse Vocal) // Candi Staton
Sharing the love of house music with some old skool classics such as "Gimme Gimme Gimme", "We Are Family" & "You Should Be Dancing" mashed with some new "choons" to provide the perfect uplifting soundtrack for any party. Credits & BIG love go to the amazing work of some of my DJ buddies both here in Sydney & Brisbane. So crank it up loud & enjoy! Magnus.
A beautiful blend of balearic beats, full of classic tracks, some stripped back & given a flamenco flavour, make up this smooth & sexy summer soundtrack. Perfect for those long lazy days by the pool, sipping cocktails & soaking up the rays. Opening with Kathy Brown's luscious vocals on the epic "Turn Me On" which really sets the mood, backed up with some gorgeous gems such as "Coracao", "I Begin To Wonder", “Waterfall” & finally cooling off with "From Paris To Berlin"…so as always, enjoy! Magnus.